Vegetable sandwich is a simple and quick sandwich recipe usually prepared for breakfast or snack. It is very delicious at the same time healthy too as it consists of mixed veggies. You can use vegetables like onions, carrots, beans, capsicum, tomato, mushrooms, paneer etc. you can add spice powders and green chutney to the vegetable sandwich to make it tastier.
Sandwich consists of vegetables, meat, cheese etc. placed in between two bread slices. Preparing vegetable sandwich does not require much time and hence this recipe is best when you are short of time and are really very hungry. You can use white bread, whole wheat bread, multigrain bread and even sandwich bread while making this recipe.
Vegetable sandwich is prepared by sautéing vegetables in spices and then stuffed in between two bread slices. Use butter as needed on the bread and toast it for more taste. You can also use grated cheese along with veggies. Sandwich can be made using a grill, oven, toaster or even on a tawa. Serve vegetable sandwich along with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Also check our breakfast recipes: poha idli, mallige idli, instant oats idli, idiyappam, neer dosa, sponge dosa, set dosa, instant rava onion dosa, puttu, rava upma, Shavige bath, avalakki uppittu, akki rotti, instant rava paddu, poori, paal appam.
4-6 slices of bread, white bread/whole wheat
Butter, as needed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
6-8 beans, chopped
1 capsicum, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
½ tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Pinch turmeric powder
- Take all the bread slices and smear butter on both the sides of the bread. Heat a tawa and place the bread on it and toast till crisp from both the sides. Keep them aside.
- Heat a pan or kadai and add 2 tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add jeera/cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add chopped onions and sauté well till it turns transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy. Add salt to speed up the process. Once tomatoes are cooked well, add red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala powder. Saute well.
- Add chopped vegetables and fry them on high flame for 3-4 minutes. Reduce the flame to medium and cook the veggies by covering the pan with a lid. You can also sprinkle very little water if required.
- Add salt to taste and other spice powders if required. Also add chopped coriander leaves. Mix everything well and set aside.
- Heat a tawa and place one toasted bread slice on it. Add cooked veggies on it. Cover it with another slice of bread and press it slightly using a spatula. You can also add grated cheese if you wish.
- On a low flame toast it for few minutes. If using cheese, heat it till the cheese melts. Remove from tawa and transfer it to a serving plate. Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices. You can also use a grill, oven or a toaster and prepare the sandwich.
- Serve hot Vegetable Sandwich with green chutney or tomato ketchup for breakfast or as a snack.
- You can use either white bread, whole wheat bread or multigrain bread to make the vegetable sandwich.
- Use any veggies of your choice. You can also boil the veggies first and then mix it with the onion-tomato mixture.
- Add spices as per your taste and preference.
- Smear butter on both the sides of the bread and toast it till crisp.
- For a tangy taste, you can also add ½ tsp lemon juice to the cooked veggies.
- Adding grated cheese enhances the taste of the sandwich.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.