Pizza is a flatbread prepared with all-purpose flour and topped with tomato sauce, vegetables/meat, cheese, herbs and baked in an oven. Pizza is a traditional Italian dish which is popular all over the world.Pizza is prepared by adding yeast to the flour and fermented. Vegetable Cheese Pizza is a simple pizza topped with mixed vegetables, sauces, herbs and cheese. You can choose veggies like onions, tomato, capsicum, mushroom, paneer etc.
Tomato sauce and pizza dough can be easily made at home. You can also get pizza breads and sauce from stores and top it with veggies, cheese, herbs and bake in an oven. If you do not have an oven, you can use a tawa too. See tawa pizza.
For Pizza bread:
3 cup maida/all-purpose flour
2 tsp dry active yeast/instant dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
Warm water, as needed
For tomato sauce:
4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp pepper, crushed
1 tsp oregano,
1 tsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
½ tomato, roughly chopped
1 small green capsicum, thinly sliced
½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
½ yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
3-4 jalapenos, optional
Few black olives, optional
1 tsp oregano or mixed herbs
1 tsp red chilli flakes
Mozzarella cheese, as needed
To make pizza dough:
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup warm water into it. Add sugar and active dry yeast. Stir well and rest it for 10-15 minutes till it becomes frothy.
- In a large bowl, add maida, salt, oil and yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Knead it adding warm water as needed to a smooth dough.
- Grease a bowl with little oil and place the dough in it. Cover and keep it in a warm place for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the dough doubles.
To prepare tomato sauce:
- Boil enough water and add tomatoes to it. Cook/blanch it for 2-3 minutes. Remove tomatoes and add into cold water. Peel the skin and chop the tomatoes. Mash it slightly. You can also grind it to paste if you wish.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add chopped garlic cloves and fry. Add mashed tomatoes and sauté well. Let the tomatoes cook till mushy.
- Add salt, crushed peppers, oregano and mixed herbs. Add little water if required and mix well. Cook for a minute. Transfer the sauce to a bowl. Let it cool.
Assembling and baking Pizza:
- Preheat oven at 200 degree celsius for 15 minutes and Grease a pizza pan or a baking tray with little oil and dust it with flour or rava or cornmeal.
- Now take the pizza dough which is doubled in size and punch it to release air. Knead slightly. You can divide the dough into 2 equal balls.
- Flatten the dough into a round shape using your hands or with a rolling pin. Prick the pizza base randomly using a fork.
- Place the pizza base on the greased and dusted pan/tray and apply oil all over the pizza base.
- Spread tomato sauce on the base and top it with chopped/sliced vegetables.
- Grate cheese on the topped vegetables as required and sprinkle chilli flakes and herbs.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for 15-18 minutes.
- Slice and serve Vegetable Cheese Pizza hot.
- Pizza dough can be prepared using wheat flour too
- You can add instant yeast directly into the flour.
- Use vegetables of your choice as toppings
- Use cheese as required
- You can either make thick or thin crust pizza with the dough
- If you prefer thick crust pizza, bake it for 20-22 minutes and for thin crust 15-18 minutes
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.