Veg mayonnaise sandwich is a quick and easy sandwich recipe which can be served as a snack or as a starter. This sandwich is prepared using plain eggless Mayonnaise, but can be replaced with any flavored one too.
Finely chopped vegetables are mixed with mayonnaise and seasoned with salt and herbs. This is applied on bread slices and then toasted on tawa or can be grilled in an oven too. Apply butter or mint chutney on the bread slices for more flavors. The buttered bread can also be toasted before filling mayo and veg mixture.
The sandwich can be prepared with white bread, wheat bread, multigrain bread etc., typically it is prepared with white bread, and however you can make it with either of them.
¼ cup eggless Mayonnaise
4-5 bread slices
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small green capsicum, chopped
1 small red capsicum, chopped
Lettuce leaves, as needed
2 tbsp carrot, grated
¼ tsp crushed pepper
¼ tsp red chilli flakes
¼ tsp mixed herbs (opt)
2 tbsp butter
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise, chopped onions, capsicums, lettuce leaves and grated carrot. Mix well.
- Add crushed pepper, red chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt to the mayonnaise and mix it well.
- Take bread slices and apply butter on them. You can toast the bread slices too before filling veggies and mayonnaise.
- On one bread slice, spread veg mayo mixture and cover it with another bread slice.
- Heat a pan and add butter. Spread it all over the pan. Toast the bread sandwich on both the sides till golden brown.
- Take the toasted sandwich from the pan and cut into half.
- Serve eggless Veg Mayonnaise sandwich hot.
- Add vegetables of your choice for the filling along with mayonnaise.
- Flavored mayonnaise can also be used for the sandwich.
- You can apply either butter or mint/green chutney on the bread slices.
- Buttered bread slices can be toasted before filling the mixture. Toast the breads, apply the mayo mixture and cover it with another bread slice. Cut them into half and serve.
- Mayonnaise contains salt in it. So add salt accordingly.
- Adjust pepper and chilli flakes as per your taste.
- Serve Veg Mayonnaise sandwich hot.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.