Veg cheese burger is a popular burger recipe which is simple and easy to prepare at home. This can be served as an evening snack. Veg cheese burger is filled with flavors of veg patties, cheese and herbs. This is liked equally by both kids and adults.
Soft roasted buns are stuffed between a veg pattie and a layer of cheese topped with crisp lettuce, onions and tomatoes. Veg cheese burger are crunchy and cheesy which makes your taste buds asking for more!!
For veg pattie:
8-10 French beans, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
¼ cup peas, fresh or frozen
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp jeera/cumin powder
½ tsp garam masala power
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
Oil for frying patties
3-4 tbsp eggless mayonnaise or hung curd/yogurt
1 tbsp tomato sauce
½ tsp mixed herbs
½ tsp red chilli flakes
For bread crumbs:
4-5 bread slices, white bread/wheat bread or multigrain bread
¼ cup besan/gram flour
1 tbsp rice flour
4 burger buns
4 cheese slices
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 tomato, sliced into rounds
1 cucumber, sliced into rounds, optional
Lettuce leaves, as needed
2-3 tbsp butter, for frying buns
- Wash carrot, french beans and potatoes. Pressure cook potatoes and peel the skin. Also cook peas. You can use a steamer or pressure cooker to cook potatoes and peas. You can boil them in a vessel as well.
- In a bowl, add cooked potatoes, peas and mash it. Keep this aside.
- In a mixer jar, add bread pieces and grind to powder. Transfer this to a plate.
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add chopped onions and fry till it turns pink. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté well till the raw smell goes.
- Add finely chopped carrots, french beans and fry for 2-3 minutes. Cover the pan and allow them cook on a medium flame for some time.
- Now add mashed potatoes and peas. Mix well and add red chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix spices and veggies very well.
- Mash the vegetables slightly with the back of the ladle or with a masher to form smooth dough like mixture.
- Check for salt and other spices and add if required. Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well and let the vegetable mixture cool for some time.
- Divide the veg mixture into equal portions and roll it to balls. Flatten them between your palms and make a round thick pattie.
- In a bowl, add gram flour, rice flour, salt and water. Mix them to make a thick batter. Dip each veg pattie into this batter.
- Take bread crumbs in a plate. Coat the patties in the bread crumbs by rolling it all the sides.
- Heat a pan and add 2-3 tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, place the veg patties on the pan and fry till both the sides are light brown. You can either pan fry or shallow fry the veg patties.
- Take the fried patties from the pan and keep it aside on a plate.
- To make the sauce/spread, take a bowl and add to it mayonnaise or hung curd, tomato sauce, mixed herbs, red chilli flakes and pinch salt. Mix everything well and check for salt or any other spices, add if required. Keep this aside.
- In a pan, add butter and heat it. Cut the burger buns into halves and toast it till golden brown. Apply the spread/sauce (mayonnaise-tomato sauce) on both halves of the bun.
- On the lower half of the bun, place lettuce leaves and onion ring. On top of it place veg pattie. You can spread tomato sauce or mayonnaise on top the veg pattie if you like.
- Keep a cheese slice on the veg pattie and top it with tomato and cucumber slices. Cover it with the other half of the bun.
- Serve Veg Cheese Burger
- Vegetables can be steamed, pressure cooked or boiled. You can also add cabbage or beetroot too.
- Veg patties can be deep fried too.
- Mustard paste /powder can be added with mayonnaise to get an extra flavor to the sauce/spread.
- The batter can be made with maida flour too.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.