Tutti fruitti cookies are tasty, crispy and colorful biscuits made with tutti fruitti. This is an eggless version which is very simple to make at home. These biscuits are also called as Karachi Biscuits or fruit biscuits. The cookies/biscuits look very beautiful and colorful which makes anybody tempt for it.
Tutti fruitti cookies make a good tea time snack and kids will definitely love these. It tastes great and looks appealing. Tutti fruitti are candied fruits prepared from raw papaya. They are easily available in all stores.
Maida or all-purpose flour is used to make the cookies. You can make it with wheat flour also.
1 ½ cup Maida/180 grams Maida or All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking powder
½ cup/100 grams Soft Butter (Butter at room temp)
¼ cup custard powder
¼ cup milk Powder
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup Tutti-Fruitti
2 tbps chopped cashew nuts (opt)
2-3 tbsp milk
1 tsp pine-apple essence
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add soft butter and powdered sugar. Beat well till creamy.
- Sieve together, maida, baking powder, milk powder and custard powder.
- Add this to the creamed butter + sugar mixture. Also add tutti-fruitti, chopped cashew nuts and pine-apple essence.
- Mix the batter well. Using your hands bring the mixture together by adding milk little by little.
- Divide the dough into two parts and roll it to logs.
- Cover them using butter paper or a cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take them out and cut them into equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Place them all on the lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15-18 mins or till the sides of the cookies start turning brown.
- Serve with Tea/Coffee.
- You can replace maida with wheat flour or mix both.
- Butter should be at room temperature.
- Baking time may vary depending on the oven temperature. Do check after 15 minutes.
- Instead of milk powder, use ½ cup custard powder only.
- You can roll the cookie dough and cut them into desired shapes too using a cookie cutter. Optionally, sprinkle tutti fruitti on the rolled dough and slightly press before cutting. Bake the cookies in oven.
- Store the baked cookies in an air tight container.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.