Reshmi Kabab or Murgh Malai Kabab is a traditional Mughalai dish. It is prepared by marinating chicken pieces in cream/curd, nut paste and other spices and later grilled in an oven. Traditionally reshmi kabab were made in tandoor over a charcoal.
Reshmi kabab are very mild and delicious. These kababs are moist, juicy and will melt in mouth. They are rich in flavors and can make a good party appetizer. Reshmi kabab can also be served as a side dish with chicken biryani along with mint chutney.
Also check other non-veg recipes:Hyderabadi mutton dum biryani, mutton ghee roast, mutton kurma, nawabi mutton pulav,Veloori fish fry, avoli fish curry, karimeen fish fry, chicken dum biryani,chicken ghee roast.
½ kg Chicken, boneless
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander/dhaniya powder
2 tsp jeera powder
½ tsp pepper powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp coriander leaves
4-5 cashew nuts
2 tbsp gram flour/besan
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
3 green chillies, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup fresh cream
- Wash chicken thoroughly several times until clear and drain water completely and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add water and soak almonds and cashew nuts for 10-15 minutes. Grind it to smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder, jeera powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, cashew nut-almond paste and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Take a bowl and add gram flour, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chillies and lemon juice. Mix well adding little water and make a thick paste.
- Add the marinated chicken into the gram flour paste. Mix to coat well.
- Now add fresh cream to the chicken and mix gently. Refrigerate this for 4-5 hours or overnight. Resting marinated chicken for longer makes chicken juicy and infuses well with flavors.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- Pierce the chicken pieces on a skewer and place them on the baking tray. You can also place the chicken pieces directly on the tray. Lightly brush the chicken with oil or butter.
- Grill it at 200 degree celsius for 15-18 minutes. Flip the other side and grill again for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot Reshmi Kabab with mint or coriander chutney and salad.
- You can add curd instead of fresh cream too.
- Marinating for longer hours makes the chicken soft and tender.
- Add spices as per your taste.
- Marinated chicken has to be at room temperature before grilling it.
- You can also prepare the recipe using a stove top. Place the chicken pieces on a hot tawa and cook on a low flame both the sides.
- Serve Reshmi Kabab/Malai Kababs with mint chutney.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks