This post's average rating is: 5
Perch fish is called as Prachi in Tamil, Karoopu in Malayalam and keeli in Kannada. Perch is a common name for fish of genus perca. Several species of perch fishes live in both fresh waters and saline water.Perch/Prachi fish fry is a wonderful fried fish which is spicy and very tasty. The preparation is very easy and can be prepared within few minutes. The fish has to be marinated in spices and then can be either pan fried, shallow fried or deep fried.
Fried fish will be crispy outside and soft inside. It makes a good side dish with any of your meal.
For more fish fry recipes check: karimeen fry, manthal fry, ayla fry, avoli fish fry, sheelavu fry, mathi fish fry.
½ kg Prachi fish
2 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp lemon juice
2 springs curry leaves
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Coconut oil/any cooking oil, for frying
- Wash fish several times adding pinch turmeric and salt. Drain water completely.
- In a bowl, add cleaned fish, turmeric, red chilli powder, pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Mix well so that the spices coat well with the fish. Let the fish rest for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan and add coconut oil/any cooking oil for either shallow frying or deep frying fishes.
- Once the oil is hot, add marinated fish. Keep the flame on medium-low.
- Fry both the sides of the fish till brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Adjust spices as per you taste and liking.
- You can either pan fry, shallow fry or deep fry the marinated fishes.
- Coconut oil gives a nice flavor to the fried fish, hence recommended. However you can use any cooking oil for frying.
- Keep the flame on medium-low while frying the fishes.
- Gently flip the fish other side for frying.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.