This post's average rating is: 5
Peanut laddu / groundnut ladoo is a healthy and delicious laddu recipe prepared with peanuts/groundnuts and jaggery. This is a very quick recipe and can be prepared within 20 minutes.
Peanut laddu has a sweet, nutty and melt in mouth texture. This is a quick Peanut laddu version and no need to make any jaggery syrup. Peanuts are roasted and ground with jaggery. Adding cardamom powder gives a nice flavor to the Peanut laddu. Optionally you can also add sesame seeds, grated dry coconut and fried nuts like cashew nuts & almonds too.
Peanuts or ground nuts are a very healthy nut used widely across the world in the form of snack and also in cooking. Ground nuts are called as “shenga” or kadalekayi in Kannada, mungfali in Hindi, pallelu in Telugu, kadalai in Tamil and nilakadala in Malayalam languages. Peanuts are rich in antioxidants, protein, fat and other healthy nutrients. It helps to reduce cardiovascular diseases. Peanuts are good for weight loss and diabetes as they are low in carbs and rich in fiber.
Select good quality peanuts and roast them well. You can use jaggery which is either powdered or grated. Instead of jaggery, you can also use sugar. But for a healthier version, use jaggery. There is no need to use ghee in the recipe as the oil in the peanuts and moisture in the jaggery is all enough to bind the Peanut laddu. However if you prefer ghee taste in the laddu, you can just grease your hands with little ghee while shaping the Peanut laddu.
Peanut laddu can be served as a healthy snack to kids. You can also prepare this laddu on any special occasions and can be offered to god as nivedyam during pooja too.
1 cup peanuts/ground nuts
1 cup jaggery, grated or powdered, add as required
1 tsp sesame seeds/white till (opt)
2 cardamom /elaichi
1 tsp ghee (opt)
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan or kadai. Add white till/sesame seeds to the pan and dry roast it for few seconds on a low flame. Do not brown them. Transfer it to a small bowl.
- Now add peanuts to the hot pan/kadai and start roasting it on a low flame by stirring continuously until peanuts turn brown and crunchy.
- Switch off the flame and keep the pan aside. Let the roasted peanuts cool down at room temperature. If using store bought roasted peanuts, skip this step.
- Once peanuts are cooled, rub them between your palms and remove the outer skin. You can use peanuts without taking off the outer skin too.
- In a mixer jar, add roasted peanuts along with cardamom and grated or powdered jaggery. Grind it to a slight coarse powder.
- Do not grind ground nuts at once. Grind in intervals or use pulse option in the mixer. Peanuts start to release too much of oil if you grind them at once and it turns paste.
- Now transfer the ground mixture to a wide plate. Add roasted sesame seeds to the ground mixture and mix it well. Grease your hands with ghee (opt) and take small portions from the mixture. Shape them into ladoo.
- Greasing ghee on your palms will give a slight ghee flavor to the ladoo. No need to add extra ghee to the ground mixture as the oil in the peanuts and moisture in the jaggery will help to hold the mixture together.
- Store peanut laddu in an airtight container. Stays fresh for up to 10 days at room temperature.
- Serve healthy Peanut Laddu /groundnut ladoo.
- Store bought roasted peanuts can also be used to make ladoo.
- Add jaggery as needed to suit your taste.
- Instead of jaggery, you can use sugar too.
- Along with sesame seeds, you can also add 2tbsp of grated dry coconut.
- If you wish to add nuts in the ladoo, roast them and grind along with peanuts, jaggery and elaichi.
- Ghee is optional in the recipe. It is used only to grease the palm to shape ladoo.
- Peanut laddu stays fresh for about 10days at room temperature when packed in a clean airtight container.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.