Paneer tikka pizza is an Indian style pizza topped with paneer tikka masala, other veggies, sauces, herbs and loads of cheese. The pizza is full of flavors and spices and at the same time very easy to prepare at home.
Paneer tikka pizza is very popular fusion recipe which is made of Indian and Italian spices and herbs. This pizza can be served for any parties and gatherings and can be prepared within few minutes if you have all the ingredients handy.
Pizza base can be prepared at home either with wheat flour or with all-purpose flour. Preparing pizza sauce is very simple and can be done within no time. You can buy readymade pizza base and sauce in stores or can prepare it at home.
Paneer tikka pizza is prepared in the same way as we do any other pizza. Paneer cubes are marinated with masala and mixed with other veggies. They are topped on a pizza base with herbs and cheese and baked. If you do not have oven, the pizza can be prepared on a tawa too. See tawa pizza.
For Pizza bread:
3 cup maida/all-purpose flour
2 tsp dry active yeast/instant dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
Warm water, as needed
Paneer tikka marination:
½ cup paneer cubes
¼ cup thick curd
1 small green & red capsicum, cubed
1 small onion, cubed
1 small tomato, cubed (opt)
1 tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
½ tsp jeera/cumin powder
½ tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp kasuri methi, crushed
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
For pizza sauce:
4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp pepper, crushed
1 tsp oregano,
1 tsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp olive oil
Few black olives, optional
Mozzarella cheese/Pizza cheese, as needed
½ tsp red chilli flakes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp mixed herbs (opt)
To make pizza dough:
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup warm water into it. Add sugar and active dry yeast. Stir well and rest it for 10-15 minutes till it becomes frothy.
- In a large bowl, add maida, salt, oil and yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Knead it adding warm water as needed to a smooth dough.
- Grease a bowl with little oil and place the dough in it. Cover and keep it in a warm place for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the dough doubles.
To prepare pizza sauce:
- Wash tomatoes well and chop them roughly. Boil enough water and add tomatoes to it. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove tomatoes and add into cold water. Grind it to paste.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add chopped garlic cloves and fry. Add tomato paste and sauté well for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add salt, crushed peppers, oregano and mixed herbs. Cook further for 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and allow it to cool.
Preparing Paneer tikka masala:
- Take curd in a bowl and whisk it well till smooth.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, jeera powder, ginger garlic paste and salt. Mix everything well.
- Add cubed paneer, onions, capsicum, tomatoes, crushed kasuri methi and lemon juice. Also add oil. Gently mix to coat the veggies with the masala. Check for salt and other spices. Add if required.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and allow it to rest for 1 hour at room temperature. If you prefer keeping it for longer, refrigerate the marinade.
Assembling and baking Paneer tikka Pizza:
- Preheat oven at 200 degree celsius for 15 minutes and grease a pizza pan or a baking tray with little oil and dust it with flour or rava/semolina.
- Now take the pizza dough which is doubled in size and punch it to release air. Knead slightly. You can divide the dough into 2 or 3 equal balls.
- Dust a flat surface with little flour and flatten the dough into a round shape using your hands or with a rolling pin. Prick the pizza base randomly using a fork.
- Place the pizza base on the greased and dusted pan/tray and apply oil all over the pizza base.
- Spread generously tomato sauce on the pizza base and top it with marinated paneer cubes, capsicum, onions and tomatoes. Also add black olives if using.
- Grate mozzarella cheese on top as needed. Sprinkle red chilli flakes, oregano and mixed herbs.
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 200 degree celsius for 18-20 minutes or till the paneer cubes are cooked well and become golden brown. Take the pizza from the oven.
- Serve hot Paneer tikka Pizza with tomato sauce.
- Add spices to the paneer & veggies as per your likings. You can increase or decrease the quantity.
- Marinated paneer & veggies can be cooked on a tawa for 2 minutes before topping it on the pizza base.
- Add mozzarella cheese as needed.
- Time taken to bake pizza depends on the oven temperature. Check after 15minutes.
- Paneer tikka pizza can be prepared on a tawa too.
- Serve Pizza hot.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.