Orange cake is a moist, soft and delicious cake prepared with fresh orange juice. The cake is very simple and easy to prepare and makes a rich dessert or snack.
The cake is loaded with orange flavor with moist and soft texture. Fresh orange juice gives the natural flavor and taste to the cake, but you can use store brought orange juice as well.
Addition of eggs makes this cake super soft and fluffy. The cake gets a beautiful texture and looks very appealing. Orange cake is very simple and can be easily baked at home.
Creaming butter, sugar and eggs till fluffy is very important. This makes the cake fluffy and also gives a nice texture. You can frost the cake if you wish with some orange/chocolate or pineapple whipping cream or can keep it plain.
1½ cup Maida/all-purpose flour
½ cup soft butter
1 cup sugar, powdered
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 cup orange juice
½ tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius. Grease a cake tin with butter and dust it with flour.
- Fresh orange juice is used in the recipe. To make fresh orange juice, take 3-4 oranges and remove the seeds. Using a blender, extract the juice and strain it. you will require 1 cup of orange juice to make the cake.
- In a bowl, take soft butter and powdered sugar. Beat well. Add eggs and beat again until fluffy and creamy.
- Sieve directly maida and baking powder to the butter + sugar + egg mixture.
- Add orange juice little by little and fold the mixture gently. Also add orange zest or orange essence (for extra flavor). There should be no lumps in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin. Tap it to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 30-35 minutes. Once done, take it out of the oven and cool it for some time.
- Serve orange cake warm or cool.
- Store brought orange juice can be used instead of fresh orange juice.
- You can prepare this cake with wheat flour and jaggery too instead of maida and sugar.
- You may require little less or more orange juice depending of the quality of the flour. Add accordingly.
- The cake batter should be soft without lumps.
- Orange essence or extract can be added to get additional flavor to the cake.
- Refrigerate remaining orange cake in an airtight container.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.