Onion tomato raita is a simple and common raita prepared as a side dish for pulav, biryani and any indian meal. This raita is a cooling and refreshing one at the same time healthy too. Raita helps to cool down the spice levels in our meal.
Curd/yogurt is flavored with chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves and seasoned with salt and spices. The sharp taste and crunchiness of onions, tangy taste of tomato with other spices makes it delicious and a good combo with any Indian meal.
1 cup curd/yogurt
1 small onion, chopped finely
1 small tomato, chopped finely
1 green chilli, chopped
1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
½ tsp jeera/cumin powder (opt)
- Whisk curd/yogurt very well till smooth.
- In a bowl, add whisked curd, chopped onions, tomatoes and green chillies and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and little coriander leaves. Mix again.
- Sprinkle jeera powder and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Onion tomato raita with pulav, biryani or paratha.
- You can add little water to the curd and get the consistency you prefer.
- Instead of green chilli, you can use red chilli powder too.
- Mint leaves can also be used along with coriander leaves.
- Add little salt to the raita, as we use this as a side dish.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.