Onion chicken kabab are a quick crispy chicken fry recipe which is very tasty and delicious. These are deep fried kababs coated with eggs and onions. It gives a wonderful crunch and is apt for a party or gatherings to be served as a starter.
Chicken is marinated with spices, egg, flour and veggies for few minutes and then deep fried into crunchy kababs. It is very easy to prepare and requires very basic ingredients and also can be prepared very quickly. Onion chicken kababs are very flavorful and a mouthwatering starter recipe.
½ kg chicken
2 onions, chopped finely
1 small capsicum, finely chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed & chopped
½ inch ginger, grated and chopped finely
3-4 green chillies, chopped
2 tbsp red chilli flakes (or 10-12 red chilli coarsely ground)
1 tsp pepper powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp maida/all-purpose flour
1 tsp rice flour
1 tsp vinegar
- Wash chicken pieces very well in water. drain all the water completely and keep this aside.
- Take a large bowl and add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic, red chilli flakes, pepper powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Now add to this, corn flour, maida, rice flour, vinegar, chopped capsicum and salt to taste. Also add beaten egg. Mix everything well.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well. Chicken has to coat well with all the spices. Check for salt and spices. Add if required. You can add little more flour if required to bind chicken and spices well.
- Cover the bowl and rest it for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a heavy pan/kadai.
- Slowly add coated chicken into the hot oil and deep fry till golden brown. transfer the fried kababs to a tissue paper and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot Onion Chicken Kabab.
- Instead of chopped ginger and garlic, use ginger garlic paste.
- You can also add fresh herbs like coriander, mint etc., to the chicken.
- Add spices more or less as per you taste and preference.
- Onion chicken kababs tastes good when served hot.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.