Oats soup is a healthy and an instant soup recipe which is very easy to prepare. Oats soup energizes by providing your body the essential nutrients required. To make the soup more nutritious, you can add vegetables like peas, carrot, beans etc. too. Oats soup is very filling and keeps you full for a longer time.
Soups are very healthy and a good appetizer too. Though oats soup is a healthy appetizer, you can consume this as a light meal too. This soup recipe is very similar to the oats porridge, but here very minimal veggies and spices are added.
You can also prepare the soup without adding any vegetables. Spices like pepper, red chilli flakes and Italian herbs are added to the soup for more flavors. Along with water, milk is also added to the soup, but however it is completely optional. If you do not prefer adding milk, replace it with water.
Oats provide adequate energy to our body. It has soluble fiber which helps to lower cholesterol and stabilizes blood glucose levels. Oats reduces blood pressure and aids in good digestion. As oats is high in fiber, it keeps you full for a longer time. It is also low in calories and hence helps in weight loss.
Oats soup is also a best way to include oats in your diet. Usually oats is used to prepare porridge, oats upma, oats idli, oats dosa etc. and soup with oats is really an interesting one which is very easy and a simple recipe too. Oats soup can be had in the morning for breakfast or also as a light dinner.
Also try our other oats recipes: oats idli, oats payasam, ragi & oats laddu, oats & nuts cookies, oats choco chips cookies.
Similar soup recipes: tomato soup, carrot soup.
2 tbsp Oats (quick cooking or any other oats)
2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
3-4 pearl onions or 2 tbsp chopped regular onions
2 tbsp chopped carrot
¼ tsp pepper powder
¼ tsp red chilli flakes
¼ tsp mixed herbs or oregano (opt)
2 tsp ghee/butter or coconut oil
½ cup water, or as needed
¼ cup milk (opt)
Salt, to taste
- Heat a pan and add butter/ghee or oil. Once hot, add crushed & finely chopped garlic. Fry for few seconds and add chopped pearl onions or regular onions. Sauté well till the onions turn light brown.
- Add chopped carrots and fry till its raw small goes. Now add oats and fry on a medium-low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and mix well. Keep the flame on medium or low and bring it to boil. Let the oats and carrots cook well. Add salt, pepper powder, red chilli flakes and mixed herbs or oregano.
- When all the water is absorbed, add milk and stir. If you do not wish to add milk, replace it with water. Add more water to get the required consistency.
- Check for salt and other spices. Add more if required to suit your taste.
- Transfer the prepared oats soup to a serving bowl and garnish with pepper powder, red chilli flakes and mixed herbs.
- Serve healthy Oats soup hot.
- Adding vegetables makes the oats soup more nutritious and also keeps you fuller for a longer time.
- You can add veggies like peas, beans, corn, potato etc.
- Add spices to suit your taste.
- Milk can be replaced with water if you prefer.
- Instead or Italian herbs, you can add chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Mint leaves can be added to the soup for a minty flavor.
- Oats soup tastes good when served hot.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.