Mutton Salt & Pepper is a simple mutton recipe flavored with pepper which makes it spicy and mouthwatering dish. Mutton and pepper together is one of the best combos and makes the recipe flavorful.
Mutton salt & pepper is a dry fry which is very easy and simple recipe. Pepper is ground with garlic and coriander leaves and later cooked with mutton pieces. If you prefer it to be a dry fry, roast cooked mutton and masala in a pan for few minutes.
Mutton salt & pepper can be served either as a starter or as a side dish along with rice or any meals.
For more Mutton Dry Fry Recipes check: kerala mutton fry, Andhra style mutton fry, mutton liver pepper fry, mutton dry fry, chettinad mutton chukka.
½ kg Mutton
2 tbsp pepper corns
10-12, garlic cloves
1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
3 tbsp ghee
- Wash mutton well and cut them into pieces. Drain water completely.
- In a mixer jar, add pepper, garlic, coriander leaves and little water. grind it to fine paste.
- Heat a pressure cooker and add 2 tbsp ghee. Once ghee is hot, add cleaned and drained mutton pieces. Fry on a medium-low flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Add grinded paste, salt to taste and mix well. Cook for 4-5 whistles on a medium flame. let the pressure release by itself.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp ghee. Add cooked mutton with masala and stir.
- Keep stirring on a medium-low flame till the masala and mutton coats well and becomes dry. Check for salt and add if required. Mix well.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves (opt).
- Serve hot Mutton salt & pepper as a starter or with rice.
- Mutton Salt & Pepper is a spicy fry. If you wish you can reduce the quantity of pepper used.
- You can make the recipe with gravy too. Add water to the pressure cooker along with mutton and ground masala and cook as usual.
- Ghee gives a good flavor to the recipe. You can replace it with oil too. But ghee is recommended.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.