Mushroom pulav is a simple and quick one pot meal prepared in pressure cooker. Mushroom is cooked with flavorful spices and rice to get a tasty pulav. This pulav can be served for breakfast, lunch or for dinner with a simple raita.
Pulav is commonly prepared in south India with various vegetables and spices in it. Mushroom pulav will definitely be a different version with a new flavor and taste. This recipe needs no grinding of masala and can be prepared quickly.
Mushroom are rich in antioxidants and a good source of iron. They are low in calories, lower cholesterol and have many more medicinal properties in them. Mushrooms are easy to cook.
1 ½ cup basmati rice
200 grams mushroom (white button mushrooms)
1 bay leaf
1 stick cinnamon
1 star anise
1 tsp fennel seeds
2-3 green chillies slit
1 ½ tsp ginger-garlic, crushed
¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
- Wash basmati rice 2-3 times in water and soak it for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pressure cooker and add 2-3 tbsp of oil/ghee. Add spices-cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom, star anise and fennel seeds. Let them crackle.
- Add sliced onions and slit green chillies. Fry till onions turn light brown. Add crushed ginger-garlic and fry till its raw aroma goes.
- Add chopped mushroom and mix gently. Saute them for 5 minutes on a medium flame adding salt to taste.
- Add soaked and drain basmati rice and mix gently to coat with all the spices.
- Now add 2.75 cup water* (for every 1 cup of basmati rice, add 1.75 cup water). Allow it to boil. Check for salt and add if necessary.
- Add lemon juice and a teaspoon of ghee. Close the lid and cook for 2 whistles on a medium flame.
- Let the pressure release by itself. Open the lid and gently fluff the rice.
- Serve hot with raita, pappad or pickle.
- You can use grinded coconut paste or coconut milk to extra flavor and taste.
- 1 cup Basmati rice needs around 1.75 cup of water. Refer the package instructions before cooking basmati rice.
- You can add capsicum or boiled peas to the pulav.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.