Masala veg pasta recipe is a simple and delicious recipe prepared in Indian style with mixed vegetables and spices. Masala Veg pasta recipe can be prepared with any veggies of your choice and does not need any readymade/store bought sauces. You can just make onion tomato mixture and mix it with cooked veggies and pasta.
Vegetables like carrot, peas, capsicum, mushroom, paneer etc. can be used in the recipe. You can also add grated cheese to make it tastier. The masala prepared here is very simple which is hot & spicy. However, you can adjust the spices to suit your taste buds.
There are many varieties of pasta available like penne, macaroni, spaghetti etc. and you can choose any of these to prepare the recipe. As we use Indian spices and masala, the masala veg pasta has a wonderful aroma and flavor. Masala veg pasta can be served for breakfast or lunch and can be even packed for your kid’s lunch box.
To cook pasta:
1 cup penne pasta, or any past of your choice
Water, as needed to cook pasta
1 tsp oil
2 tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
2 tbsp green peas, boiled
1 capsicum, chopped
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
½ tsp mixed herbs (opt)
¼ tsp red chilli flakes (opt)
Cheese, grated (opt)
- In a sauce pan, add water and boil it. To the boiling water, add pasta along with little salt and oil. Cook pasta till done. using a colander, drain water from the pasta completely and set aside.
- Heat a pan and add butter. Add jeera/cumin seeds and let it splutter. Also add crushed garlic and sauté well.
- Add chopped onions and fry till it turns pink in color. Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are soft. Add red chilli powder, garam masala and salt. mix everything well.
- Now add chopped carrot, capsicum and boiled peas. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for few minutes till veggies are done. You can add salt and other spices if required.
- Now add cooked pasta and gently mix it with the masala. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves, mixed herbs and red chilli flakes. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and garnish with grated cheese (opt).
- Serve hot Masala Veg pasta.
- You can use penne pasta, macaroni, spaghetti etc. to prepare the recipe.
- Add more or less spices to suit your taste buds.
- You can also add mushrooms, paneer, corn or any other vegetable of your choice.
- You can use tomato puree or paste. you can also grind onion tomato together and later sauté it.
- If you do not have mixed herbs/oregano, can use kasuri methi.
- Adding grated cheese is optional.
- Masala Veg pasta tastes good when served hot.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.