This post's average rating is: 5
Karimeen or Pearl Spot Fish is found in fresh water and backwaters in Southern India especially in Kerala around Alleppey. Karimeen Fry is the most preferred delicacies in restaurants of Kerala and it is hugely popular among tourists.
Karimeen Fry can be prepared in different styles. For this recipe, karimeen is marinated with red chili powder, turmeric and other spices and then fried in oil till brown. They are really very tasty and easy to make Fish Fry recipe.
2 Karimeen/Pearl Spot Fish
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red chili Powder
¼ tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Few Curry leaves
Coconut Oil or any Cooking Oil
- Clean Karimeen with enough water several times adding little salt. Make slits all over the fish.
- In a bowl, take red chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric, ginger-garlic past, salt and lemon juice. Mix well to make a paste.
- Apply the paste all over the fish both sides and keep it aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a Pan and add Oil. When oil is hot, add curry leaves and marinated fish. Fry both the sides till brown.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Cleaning fish is very important. Add little salt and wash several times under running water.
- Adjust spice powders as per your preference.
- You can use any cooking oil for frying the fish. But coconut oil gives an extra flavor to the dish and hence recommended.
- You can deep fry or shallow fry the fishes.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.