Jeera Biscuits / Cumin biscuits are sweet and salty biscuits ideal for tea time. These are eggless biscuits which are crispy, crunchy and loaded with roasted jeera flavor.
Jeera biscuits are very easy and simple to prepare. The biscuits have a tempting aroma of roasted jeera and butter. These biscuits are mildly sweet and salty which makes them a perfect snack with tea/coffee
2cups /180 grams maida or All-purpose flour
½ cup /100 grams soft butter
1-2 tbsp jeera /cumin seeds + 1tsp
2-3 tbsp powdered sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
2-3 tbsp milk
- Preheat Oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment/butter paper.
- Heat a pan. Dry roast jeera for few seconds. Transfer it to a plate and cool it.
- In a bowl and add soft butter and powdered sugar. Beat well till creamy.
- Sieve directly to the butter + sugar mixture, maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add 1 tbsp roasted jeera and mix them all well.
- Make soft dough adding milk little by little. Do not add all the milk at once. You may need little more or less milk to form a dough.
- Cover it and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, sprinkle little flour on a dry surface and roll out the dough. Roughly sprinkle little jeera all over and slightly roll the dough again.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut them into desired shapes. Place it on the lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degree celsius for 15-18 minutes or till the sides turn light brown. Remove from the oven and cool it.
- Serve with coffee/tea or as a snack.
- You can replace maida with wheat flour for healthier version.
- Use butter which is at room temperature.
- Baking time depends on the oven temperature. Check the biscuits after 15minutes.
- Cool the biscuits completely before serving.
- Store jeera biscuits in an airtight container.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.