Garlic chicken is an excellent starter recipe with hot & Spicy garlic flavor. It is absolutely delicious recipe and can be prepared easily at home. Chicken pieces are deep fried and tossed in hot, spicy sauces and hence the chicken has a crunch in it. Crushed garlic gives you an amazing flavor to the recipe.
Garlic chicken can be prepared without deep frying chicken too. The combination of chicken, garlic and sauces makes it a mouthwatering recipe. The bright red color makes it appealing too.
For deep frying:
½ kg chicken, boneless or with bones
½ cup corn flour
For red chilli paste:
10-12 spicy variety red chillies
5-8 Kashmiri/byadgi red chillies
3-4 tbsp crushed garlic
2 onions, cubed
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
2-3 tbsp tomato sauce
Oil for deep frying
Spring onions, for garnishing
- Wash chicken pieces in enough water until clear. Keep aside.
- Soak red chillies in water for 10-15 minutes. Grind it to fine paste.
- In a bowl, add corn flour, salt and beaten egg. Mix well. Add chicken pieces and coat well. keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In a kadai, heat enough oil for deep frying. Add coated chicken pieces slowly into the hot oil and deep fry till golden and crisp on a medium flame.
- Transfer the fried chicken into a kitchen towel and drain excess oil. Keep this aside.
- Now, heat another pan/kadai and add 3 tbsp oil. Add crushed garlic and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add cubed onions and fry again for few minutes. Add red chilli paste, tomato sauce and saute well.
- Now add fried chicken pieces and toss it. Add pepper powder, soy sauce and salt to taste (if required). Toss and transfer this to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot & spicy garlic chicken as a starter.
- You can prepare garlic chicken without deep frying it too. Add cleaned chicken to the sauteed garlic and onions .and cook till done. Rest of the procedure remains same.
- You can add tomato puree also instead of tomato sauce.
- Adjust spices as per your taste and preference.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.