Ginger Chicken, an indo-chinese recipe is a spicy ginger flavored chicken which is crispy and tasty. They are deep fried chicken pieces tossed in sauces and spices. It makes a good starter for any party or occasions. Ginger chicken is spicy, hot chicken with a bold flavor of ginger in it.
Addition of ginger not only gives aroma and taste to the dish, but also helps with digestion. Chicken pieces are marinated with egg, flour and sauces. Later deep fried and tossed in ginger and other spices.
For deep frying chicken:
½ kg chicken
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp maida
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp soy sauce
3 tbsp ginger, grated or finely chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 capsicum, chopped
1 tsp pepper powder
½ tsp red chilli sauce
½ tsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
Spring onions, for garnishing
- Clean and cut chicken into pieces. Wash it several times in water until clear.
- In a bowl add grated ginger, corn flour, maida, red chilli powder, soy sauce and salt. Mix and add chicken and beaten egg. Mix well so that chicken gets coated well. Keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in a kadai or pan for deep frying. Slowly add coated chicken pieces into hot oil and fry till brown and crisp.
- Transfer the fried chicken to a bowl and drain it with the help of a tissue paper.
- Heat a pan and add 2-3 tbsp oil. Once it is hot, add grated or finely chopped ginger and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and fry till light brown. Also add capsicum and fry.
- Add 3-4 tbsp water and mix. Add fried chicken, red chilli sauce, pepper powder, soy sauce and vinegar. Sprinkle little corn flour and mix well. Fried chicken should get coated well with all spices and sauce. Add salt and other spices if required.
- Toss on a high flame for a minute. Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot Ginger Chicken as a starter/with roti or rice.
- Add spices more or less as per your taste.
- Though you add little water, chicken remains crispy.
- Ginger chicken tastes best when served hot.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.