Garlic cheese toast is a quick, easy and tasty breakfast or snack recipe. The toast is loaded with fresh flavors of garlic, butter and cheese. It can be seasoned with herbs like chilli flakes, crushed pepper, fresh or dried herbs. Garlic cheese toast can also be served as a starter for parties or any special occasions.
To prepare garlic cheese toast, you can use sandwich breads, multigrain bread, whole wheat or even white breads. This toast can be prepared within few minutes and you can use either a tawa or oven to make garlic cheese toast.
Mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese can be used to prepare garlic cheese toast. Cheese can be added more or less as per your choice. Addition of spices and herbs makes garlic cheese toast tastier.
You may also like our other snack recipes here; cheese burger, aloo tikki burger, tawa pizza, paneer tikka pizza, vegetable cheese pizza, bread pizza, red sauce pasta, white sauce pasta, masala veg pasta, gobi manchurian.
6-8 slices of bread, sandwich/white or whole wheat
3-4 tbsp of butter, soft butter (butter at room temperature)
2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped or minced
1 cup or as needed grated cheese, mozzarella or cheddar cheese
½ tsp pepper, crushed
½ tsp red chilli flakes
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp mixed herbs or oregano (opt)
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil or butter paper.
- In a bowl, add soft butter, chopped/minced garlic and salt (skip if using salted butter). Whisk well till butter is soft and fluffy. To this add chopped coriander leaves and mix again well.
- Smear the garlic+butter mixture generously on one side of the bread slices. Arrange the butter bread slices on the baking tray.
- Place the tray on a preheated oven and bake at 180 degree celsius for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Grate cheese as needed on the hot bread slices and season it with red chilli flakes, crushed pepper, mixed herbs or oregano. Put the tray back to the oven and bake for another 2-3 minutes until cheese melts and bread turns golden in color.
- Serve hot garlic cheese toast as breakfast or snack or as a starter/appetizer.
Garlic cheese toast on Tawa:
- Add soft butter and grated garlic in a bowl. Add salt if using unsalted butter. Also add red chilli flakes, crushed pepper, coriander leaves and herbs. Mix everything well.
- Spread this buttered garlic spread on one side of the bread slices. Apply plain butter on the other side of the bread.
- Heat a tawa and place the buttered garlic side facing down. On a medium flame toast the bread. Flip the other side and grate the cheese directly on the hot bread slices.
- Let the flame be on low while adding grated cheese. Cover and cook till cheese melts and bread slices turn golden and crisp.
- Serve hot garlic cheese toast.
- You can use sandwich bread, whole wheat bread, multigrain bread, oats bread and even white bread to make garlic cheese toast.
- Add more or less butter and cheese as per your taste and likings.
- Adding pepper, coriander leaves and herbs are optional. You can skip them too.
- Time taken to toast the bread slices in an oven depends on the temperature of the oven. Toast it till the bread turns golden and crisp.
- If using tawa, keep the flame on medium-low while toasting bread. While adding grated cheese, keep the flame on low and cook till it melts.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.