Fish Kabab is a simple and flavorful fried fish recipe. It is an easy and delicious fried fish with made with any boneless fish. Here butter fish is used to make the kabab.
Boneless fish pieces are marinated with spices and egg and later deep fried in oil. Adding rice flour or corn flour makes it crispier from outer. The fish is soft inside with flavorful spices and makes it a perfect starter or a snack.
½ kg Fish (boneless)
2 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp jeera powder
2 tsp rice flour/corn flour
1 tsp chat masala powder (opt)
- In a bowl, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, jeera powder and ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add rice flour, salt and beat an egg. Using a whist, mix everything to a paste.
- Add cleaned fish pieces to the paste and marinate well. Keep aside for 10minutes.
- Heat a pan and add oil. When oil is hot, drop marinated fish pieces into the hot oil and fry till brown.
- Drain excess oil using a kitchen tissue. Sprinkle chat masala powder all over the fried kabab.
- Serve with onion rings/tomato ketchup or salads.
- Any boneless fish can be used in the recipe. Butter fish is used here.
- Add marinated fish into hot oil while frying. This makes the outer covering crisp. Fish needs very little time to get cooked, hence do not fry for longer.
- Can substitute rice flour with maida too.
- Chat Masala is optional. Can omit it.
- Do not marinate the fish for a long time.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.