Eggless Custard powder cookies are crunchy and delicious cookies prepared with wheat flour and custard powder. These are simple eggless wheat custard cookies which can be quickly prepared at home within few minutes and also requires very few ingredients.
Custard powder gives a good flavor as well as taste to the cookies. Custard powder is flavored and sweetened corn flour/corn starch which is used in the preparation of desserts, cakes and cookies. Custard powder contains usually vanilla flavoring and a tint of yellow color too.
Eggless wheat custard cookies are prepared with wheat flour, custard powder, oil, sugar, baking powder, vanilla essence and milk. These custard cookies are slightly crumbly, crunchy from outside and soft from inside. Eggless wheat custard cookies make a good tea time snack and kids will enjoy eating them too.
Eggless custard cookies can be prepared by replacing wheat flour with maida/all-purpose flour and oil with melted butter too. You can also use half of maida and half wheat flour too.
You may also like our other cookies recipes here: eggless banana choco chips cookies, eggless butter cookies, eggless almond cookies, eggless tutti fruitti cookies, eggless jeera biscuits, eggless elaichi cookies.
Also check our cake recipes: eggless chocolate cake, orange cake, eggless fruit cake, eggless ragi banana cake, eggless honey cake, vanilla sponge cake, eggless banana cake, eggless dates cake, eggless tutti fruitti cake, marble cake.
1 cup /120 grams wheat flour
¼ cup /30 grams cup custard powder (vanilla flavored)
½ cup /100 grams powdered sugar
¼ cup / 60 ml oil, any cooking oil
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
Milk, few tablespoon or as needed
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment/butter paper or aluminium sheet.
- To a bowl sieve, wheat flour, custard powder, baking powder and baking soda. Add powdered sugar and mix well everything.
- Now add cooking oil, vanilla essence and bring the mixture together to form smooth dough. You can add few tablespoons of milk if it is difficult to shape them into dough. You may require 1 or 2 tbsp of milk to bring the mixture together.
- Divide the dough into equal small portions and arrange them on a baking tray. Leave enough space between each cookie as it will spread while baking. Using a fork, slightly press the cookie dough down to get lines on the cookies.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven and bake the cookies at 180 degree celsius for 15-18 minutes. The edges of the cookies will slightly turn brown in color once done.
- Remove the baked cookies from the oven and set aside for few minutes. Later take the cookies from the tray and cool them completely on a wired rack.
- Serve Eggless Wheat Custard Cookies as a tea time snack.
- Wheat flour can be replaced with maida/all-purpose flour too. You can also add half maida and half wheat flour.
- Powder the sugar before adding it to the flour mixture. You can also increase or decrease the quantity of the sugar to suit your taste.
- You will require very little quantity of milk to bring the mixture together. Add little by little and make a smooth dough.
- Baking time will vary depending on the oven used. Keep an eye on the cookies while baking.
- Cool the custard cookies completely before serving them.
- Store eggless wheat custard cookies in an airtight container.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.