Eggless tutti fruitti cake is a soft, moist and delicious cake recipe. The cake is very colorful and appealing too and hence makes a good choice to prepare for kids birthday party or any special occasions.
Eggless Tutti fruitti cake is very simple cake recipe which can be prepared very quickly at home with very few ingredients. The cake is an eggless version and the basic eggless vanilla sponge cake recipe or eggless hot milk cake recipe can be adapted to bake this cake with the addition of tutti fruitti. Additionally you can also add few chopped nuts, raisins or cherries to the cake batter. Extra flavorings like cinnamon powder, elaichi powder or citrus peels can be added too.
Tutti fruitti are chopped & dried sweetened raw papaya pieces with artificial or natural colors & flavors in them. They are very popular across the world and are mainly used in cakes, breads and also used as a topping in ice cream. You can also find these colorful and attractive sweetened raw papaya pieces in bakery products like sweet/milk bread, cookies/biscuits, sweet buns, dilkush etc. Tutti fruitti can also be easily made at home, but of course the process takes little time. You can check the tutti fruitti recipe here. Also check, tutti fruitti cookies recipe.
For a healthier version of this eggless tutti fruitti cake, replace maida/all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or you can even take a mix of maida and wheat flour. Though the cake is an eggless version, it comes out super soft & moist. You can use any unflavored cooking oil or can even use melted butter to prepare the cake.
A bread pan/loaf or any cake moulds (round, rectangular or heart shaped cake tins) can be used to bake the eggless tutti fruitti cake. Baking time will vary with each oven, so keep an eye on the cake while it bakes. The same cake batter can be used to make tutti fruitti cupcakes too.
You can find many more delicious eggless cakes & cookies recipes here: eggless fruit cake, eggless chocolate cake, eggless banana cake, eggless banana bread, eggless ragi banana cake, eggless honey cake, eggless choco chip banana cookies, wheat custard cookies, almond cookies, jeera biscuits, benne biscuits, elaichi cookies, eggless oats & nuts cookies, butter cookies.
For cake batter
1 ½ cup or 180 grams maida /all-purpose flour
¾ cup or 150 grams sugar
½ cup or 125 ml oil or melted butter
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup or 250ml warm milk
1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp cinnamon powder (opt)
For tutti fruitti mix:
½ cup tutti fruitti
2-3 tbsp chopped nuts (opt)
1 tsp maida
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes. Grease a loaf pan (25*13*6cm) or an 8 inch round/rectangular cake tin with little oil or butter and dust it evenly with maida/all-purpose flour.
- In a small bowl, add tutti fruitti, chopped nuts (opt) and sprinkle maida over it. You can use chopped nuts like cashew nuts, almonds and raisins. Mix well so that maida gets coated well with the tutti fruitti and nuts. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, take warm milk and add to it vinegar or lemon juice. Mix well and keep aside for few minutes.
- Sieve to a large mixing bowl maida, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder (opt) and salt. You can sieve it once or twice.
- Now, to the milk bowl, add sugar, oil or melted butter along with vanilla essence. Mix till the sugar dissolves well. Sugar can be powdered and used too.
- Pour this mixture into the sieved flour bowl slowly. Mix gently using a hand whisk to combine the flour and milk mixture evenly to get a smooth cake batter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Now add in the tutti fruitti to the cake batter and stir few times slowly. You can also sprinkle few tbsp of tutti fruitti on the top of the cake batter too. Tap the cake tin once or twice on the kitchen table to remove air bubbles.
- Pour the prepared cake batter to the greased cake tin/loaf pan. Place the cake tin on the baking tray.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 35-40 minutes or until done. Baking time may vary depending on the size of the oven and temperature conditions.
- To check if the cake is done, insert a skewer or a small knife on the baked cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is baked well, else bake it for few more minutes.
- Once the cake is baked well, remove the cake tin from the oven and rest it for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Later, using a butter knife, loosen the edges of the cake and invert it on a plate or a chopping board. Tap gently and remove the cake from the cake tin. Let the cake cool completely before slicing.
- Serve soft, moist and delicious eggless tutti fruitti cake with a cup of hot tea/coffee or as a snack.
- You can replace maida/all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour. Also can use half maida and half wheat flour too.
- For more sweetness, increase the sugar quantity to 1 cup.
- Use any flavorless cooking oil like sunflower oil.
- Adding chopped nuts along with tutti fruitti is optional.
- Baking time vary depending on the oven temperature. So you may require little more or less time to bake the cake. Keep an eye on the cake while baking.
- Eggless Tutti fruitti cake stays fresh for 3-4 days at room temperature when neatly stored. You can refrigerate the cake in an airtight container for longer shelf life. Bring the cake to room temperature before serving.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.