Eggless elaichi cookies are simple yet delicious cookies loaded with cardamom flavor. These cookies are crunchy and a perfect one for your evening tea/coffee or as a snack. Eggless Elaichi cookies are very easy to prepare and also require very few basic ingredients.
Elaichi is cardamom, an aromatic herb/spice which is extensively used in cooking for its sharp and sweet flavor. As per Ayurveda, cardamom is a warm spice which is excellent for digestion, bloating and intestinal gas. Chewing cardamom seeds after meals refresh the breath. It is also helpful in curing cold, cough, fever, liver problems, fights anemia, lowers blood pressure levels and also acts as a natural remedy to cure asthma/bronchitis or whooping cough.
Eggless Elaichi cookies are very tasty and melt-in mouth cookies which can be prepared within few minutes. These eggless elaichi cookies are basic butter cookies with additional cardamom powder and essence in it. Cardamom powder enhances the taste of these cookies making it irresistible.
Beat butter and sugar till creamy. Add in all-purpose flour, cardamom powder and cardamom essence to the butter and sugar mixture. Bake the eggless elaichi cookies till done in a preheated oven. You can also place cherries or almonds on the cookies before baking too. Also adjust sugar quantity more or less to suit your likings. Eggless elaichi cookies can be served as a snack along with tea/coffee/milk
For more eggless cookies recipes, do check: almond cookies, wheat custard cookies, banana choco chips cookies, jeera biscuits, tutti frutti cookies, benne biscuits, butter cookies, oats & nuts cookies, oats choco chips cookies.
1 cup / 125 gram all-purpose flour (maida)
½ cup /100 gram butter, soft butter
½ cup sugar, powdered
1 tsp cardamom/elaichi powder
1 tsp cardamom essence (opt)
1/8th tsp baking soda
- Line a baking tray with parchment/butter paper or aluminium sheet. Preheat oven at 175 degree celsius for 10 minutes.
- Sieve to a plate or bowl, maida/all-purpose flour, pinch salt and baking soda. You can sieve it once or twice. Keep this aside.
- In a bowl, take soft butter and powdered sugar. Beat well using a hand whisk or an electric beater till smooth and fluffy. Do not give hard pressure while mixing butter and sugar.
- Now slowly add in sieved maida to the creamed butter and sugar mixture. Also add cardamom/elaichi powder and elaichi essence. Mix gently so that all the ingredients are combined well to form a soft dough
- Take small portions from the dough and make round balls of it. Arrange all of them on a baking tray. Place cherries or almonds on the cookies. You can also mark the cookies using a fork or can even leave them plain too.
- Place the baking tray on a preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes at 175 degree celsius. Oven temperature differs with each oven, so keep an eye on the cookies while baking after 12 minutes.
- Once done, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for some time on the baking tray. Place the cookies on a wire rack and cool completely. The baked cookies will be soft when hot and hence cool them completely before serving.
- Serve Eggless elaichi cookies as a snack.
- You can add more or less sugar as per your likings.
- Cardamom essence is optional. You can add only cardamom powder.
- Baking time varies with each oven. So keep checking the cookies while it bakes after 10-12 minutes.
- The baked eggless elaichi cookies will be soft initially when hot. Cool the cookies completely before serving.
- Store eggless elaichi cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.