This is a basic chocolate cake recipe which is soft, moist and eggless. The cake is rich with chocolate flavor and is super delicious. Eggless Chocolate cake can be prepared quickly with basic ingredients and requires no eggs and no butter.
This Eggless Chocolate cake recipe can be used as a base for any cakes and is a perfect one which can be easily baked for any special occasion or celebrations. Eggless chocolate cake is very moist and soft with a beautiful texture and taste. You need very few basic ingredients which are easily available in your kitchen.
Though the cake is eggless, it turns out super soft and spongy which makes it a foolproof recipe which even beginners can try for. The cake can be made vegan too. You can serve this cake plain or can frost it with a simple chocolate frosting cream too.
Also check our other cakes & cookies recipes here: orange cake, vanilla sponge cake, marble cake, eggless banana choco chip cookies, eggless butter cookies, benne biscuits, jeera biscuitts, wheat custard cookies, elaichi cookies.
For chocolate cake:
1 ½ cup maida /all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp cocoa-powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vanilla essence
For chocolate cream frosting:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
¼ cup soft butter
½ tsp vanilla essence
Cold milk, as needed
- Grease a 7 inch round cake tin with butter/oil and dust it with flour. Remove excess flour by tapping it gently and keep aside. You can also use 8 inch round or rectangular cake tin.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes.
- Take a bowl and sieve maida, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. You can sieve the flour mixture once or twice.
- In another bowl, add powdered sugar and water. Mix well so that the sugar dissolves completely. Add oil, lemon juice and vanilla essence. Stir well.
- Now add sieved dry ingredients (flour mixture) to the wet mixture and gently mix it to form a smooth batter without lumps.
- Pour the cake mixture into the greased cake tin and tap once or twice to remove air bubbles if any.
- Bake the eggless chocolate cake in the preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 30-35 minutes. Baking time may vary depending upon the oven temperature.
- To check if the cake is baked, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is baked. If not, place the cake again in the oven and bake for few more minutes till done.
- Take the baked cake out of the oven and cool it for 10 minutes in the tin. Later de-mold the cake and cool it completely on a wire rack.
For chocolate frosting:
- In a bowl, add soft butter and beat it well using a whisk until smooth and fluffy. Sieve cocoa powder and powdered sugar directly to the butter. Also add vanilla essence.
- Mix everything well adding 2 tbsp cold milk. Beat them well until smooth and fluffy. You can add more milk if needed. The chocolate cream should be smooth and spreadable.
- Now, place the cake on a plate or on a cake stand. If using a plate, you can cover it with aluminium foil too.
- Spread this chocolate frosting cream on the cake from all the sides. You can cut the cake into half and spread the chocolate frosting cream in the center and then top it with the other half of the cake as well.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes so that the frosting sets well. You can dust the cake with some icing/powdered sugar or can also use some sprinklers.
- Slice and serve Eggless Chocolate cake.
- Maida or all-purpose flour can be replaced with whole wheat flour. If using wheat flour, use cold water.
- You can also use soft butter instead of oil to prepare the cake.
- Use good quality cocoa powder. You can use up to ¼ cup cocoa powder to make the cake.
- If you prefer more sweetness in the chocolate frosting, increase the powdered sugar quantity to 1 ½ cups.
- Chocolate cream frosting should not be too thick or thin. Add milk as needed and beat well till you get a smooth and spreadable cream.
- After frosting the cake, refrigerate it for some time so that it sets well.
- Eggless chocolate cake can be served without frosting it as well.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.