Eggless Butter cookies are melt-in mouth delicious eggless cookies prepared with flour, butter and sugar. Flavoring agents like cardamom powder, vanilla essence, chocolate etc. can be added to the cookies to make it more tasty and fragrant.
Eggless butter cookies are simple cookies which can be prepared within few minutes and with very few ingredients. It is a basic cookie recipe which can never go wrong at all, it’s that simple.
Butter cookies are rich in butter flavor with melt-in mouth texture. These eggless butter cookies are usually prepared with maida/all-purpose flour. But for a healthier version, you can replace it with wheat flour or can even take half of maida and wheat flour too. Powder the sugar before adding it to the flour. Butter needs to be at room temperature. Do not melt the butter, it needs to be soft. Additionally, you can also add few finely chopped or powdered nuts too.
To make eggless butter cookies, cream butter and sugar till soft and fluffy. Add in the sifted flour and baking powder and mix well to make soft dough. Roll out the dough and shape the cookies to any desired shape using a cookie cutter. You can also make small round balls of the dough and gently press it using a fork to make a design.
Bake the cookies in a preheated oven till it turns slightly golden at the edges. Cool the eggless butter cookies before serving. If you do not have an oven, use an old pressure cooker to bake them
Store eggless butter cookies in an airtight container and enjoy as a quick snack or along with your tea/coffee or milk.
For more eggless cookies and biscuits recipe, do check; almond cookies, benne biscuits, banana choco chips cookies, eggless elaichi cookies, wheat custard cookies, tutti fruitti cookies, jeera biscuits and more
1 cup /125 grams maida/all-purpose flour or wheat flour
½ cup /100 grams sugar, powdered
½ cup /100 grams butter, soft butter
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cardamom powder (opt)
- Preheat oven @ 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil or parchment/butter paper. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together maida or wheat flour and baking powder. You can sieve it once or twice. Keep aside. Also add sugar in a mixer jar and powder it.
- Now in another bowl, take butter which is at room temperature. Do not melt the butter, it should be soft. Add powdered sugar to the butter and start beating them together to make it soft and fluffy.
- You can use a hand whisk or electric beater to beat the butter and sugar. now to this, add sifted flour + baking powder, cardamom powder and mix gently to form a soft dough.
- On a slightly dusted surface, roll out the dough into a big circle. Using cookie cutter cut them into desired shape. Place them all on a lined baking tray leaving space between each cookie as it will spread while baking.
- You can also divide the dough into equal portions and make round balls. Slightly press the balls using a fork to get lines on the cookies. Arrange them all on the baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven and bake the cookies at 180 degree celsius for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies turn golden at the edges.
- Baking time varies with every oven, so keep checking the cookies after 10 minutes. It may sometimes take little less or more time to bake.
- Once the cookies are done, remove the tray from the oven and rest it for few minutes. Take out the cookies from the tray and place on a wired rack to cool completely.
- Serve eggless butter cookies as a tea time snack
Eggless butter cookies in a pressure cooker:
- Take an old pressure cooker. Spread a layer of rock salt or sand at the bottom of the cooker. Keep a stand or plate on it.
- Place this on a stove and switch on the flame. Remove gasket and weight from the cooker lid and close the cooker. On a medium flame, heat it for about 5 minutes.
- Grease a plate with butter and place all the cookies on it.
- Once the pressure cooker is hot, slowly place the cookie plate inside the cooker on the stand and close the cooker lid. Keep the flame on low (only) and bake it for 12-15 minutes.
- Once cookies are baked, remove the plate carefully and allow it to cool before serving.
- Maida or all-purpose flour can be replaced with wheat flour for a healthier version of butter cookies.
- Do not melt the butter. Keep the butter out from the refrigerator for few hours before making the cookies, to get a soft butter.
- You can add nutmeg powder, vanilla essence, chocolate essence or any other flavors of your choice to these cookies.
- Finely chopped or crushed nuts like almonds, cashews or pista too can be added to the eggless butter cookies.
- Baking time varies with oven, so keep checking the cookies while baking.
- Store eggless butter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.