Eggless banana Cake is a soft, moist and delicious cake which is slightly spiced with the goodness of bananas. This makes a perfect snack for your Tea/Coffee. This eggless banana cake can be had plain or you can frost it with butter cream or chocolate cream icing. Addition of Choco chips or Nuts and spice powders gives you extra taste, crunchiness and amazing flavor to the cake.
Bananas are amazingly healthy, delicious and are very convenient fruit. They are high in nutrients, fiber and essential anti-oxidants. Bananas improve the digestion, help to lower blood sugar levels and also reduce the risk of asthma, cancer, heart diseases, diabetes etc.
You can also try Eggless Banana Bread which is similar to the Eggless Banana Cake Recipe. Do check our other bread recipes here: Wheat bread, White bread, Millet bread, Multigrain bread, No yeast-Instant White bread,Garlic flavored Wheat Bread.
1 cup/120 grams Wheat flour
½ cup/60 grams Maida/All-purpose flour
4-5 bananas, fully ripened
½ tin (200 grams) Condensed Milk
¼ cup /60 gram soft Butter (at room temperature) or ½ cup cooking oil
¼ cup/60ml Curd
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp dry ginger powder
1 tsp Cardamom /Elaichi powder
¼ cup Choco chips
2 tbsp Tutti Frutti
- Pre heat Oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes. Grease a cake tin/loaf pan and keep aside. Loaf pan size used here is 30 cm*13 cm*6 cm. You can use also a round or rectangular cake tin also.
- Peel and cut the bananas. Add them in a bowl and mash it. You can mash them using a mixer jar/blender or a food processor.
- Sieve together in a bowl wheat flour, maida, baking powder and baking soda.
- Take a bowl. Add soft butter and condensed milk. Beat them well using a whisk. Add curd and whisk it again. Now add mashed bananas. Mix them all well.
- Add sieved flour, baking powder and baking soda to the wet ingredients. You can directly sieve the flour to the wet ingredients. Mix them gently with a wooden spoon/spatula adding dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, choco chips and tutti frutti. Adding choco chips and tutti frutti is optional. You can skip it too. You can add any nuts of your choice if you wish.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin/loaf. Pat it once or twice and place it in the preheated oven. To avoid, excess browning place a butter paper on the top of the mold and then place in the pre heated oven. Bake it for 35-40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Insert a tooth pick and if it comes out clean, the cake is baked. Else bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow it to cool for some time. De-mould the cake and let it cool completely before slicing.
- Serve Eggless Banana Cake with Tea/Coffee or as a snack.
- Keep all the ingredients at room temperature before proceeding with the recipe.
- You can make this cake with either Maida or Wheat flour alone.
- Over ripened or browned bananas are best for the Eggless Banana Cake recipe.
- You can replace butter with any cooking oil as well.
- Baking time may vary as every oven temperature differs, so keep an eye after 30 minutes.
- For avoiding excess browning, cover the cake tin/loaf with a butter paper and then place the loaf into the preheated oven.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.