Eggless Banana Bread is soft, moist, fluffy sweet bread prepared with mashed bananas, nuts and spice powders. The bread is very easy to make and uses baking powder as raising agent and does not use yeast. This recipe is an eggless version of Banana Bread and is similar to Eggless Banana cake recipe.
Over ripened bananas are used to make the bread. Bananas which are ripened fully give a nice texture and aroma to the Bread. Also using mild spice powders like cinnamon or cardamom or nutmeg gives an additional flavor. Nuts like almonds, raisins, Walnuts can be added to give a nutty crunch to the bread. Choco chips or Tutti Fruitti can also be used.
Banana bread is made healthier by using wheat flour and jaggery here in the recipe. But can be prepared with All-purpose flour/Maida and sugar as well.
You will also like our other Eggless Cakes Recipes here: eggless banana cake, eggless tutti frutti cake, eggless vanilla cake, eggless honey cake, hot milk cake, and eggless dates cake. Do check our Eggless Cupcakes Recipes too: eggless tutti fruitti cupcakes, lemon cup cakes .
1½ cup/180 grams Wheat flour
4-5 Banana, fully ripened
½ cup/ 125ml Cooking Oil
½ cup/100 grams Jaggery powdered; decrease the amount if you prefer less sweet in the bread or if the bananas are sweet enough
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
½ tsp Cardamom Powder
¼ tsp Nutmeg powder (opt)
¼ cup walnuts, chopped (opt)
5-6 Almonds, Crushed or Chopped (opt)
A pinch salt
- Preheat oven at 180degree Celsius for 10minutes. Grease a baking tin/loaf with oil or butter. You can also line the tin/loaf with parchment paper. Size of the loaf pan used here is 25cm*13cm*6cm. You can also use a round or rectangular cake tins of the same size.
- Peel and Cut bananas into pieces. Add banana pieces and jaggery into a blender and grind it to smooth paste.
- Transfer the mashed banana +jaggery mixture into a large bowl. Add oil, spice powders like cinnamon, nutmeg (opt) and cardamom. Whisk it well.
- Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and pinch salt directly to the wet ingredients bowl (mashed banana+ jaggery+ oil mixture). Else, you can sieve the dry ingredients separately and add to the wet mixture.
- Fold gently adding chopped nuts or choco chips. Mix well but gently. Do not give lot of pressure.
- Pour the Batter into the greased tin/loaf and place it in the preheated oven. You can cover the pan with a butter paper to avoid excess browning of the Bread. Bake for 35-40minutes at 180degree Celsius or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and rest it for 10minutes. De-mould the bread and cool it completely before slicing.
- Serve with tea/coffee or as an snack.
- You can replace Wheat flour with Maida and Jaggery with Sugar.
- Fully ripened and browned bananas gives nice flavor and sweetness to the bread, so try using over ripened bananas.
- You can use melted butter in place of oil.
- As every oven temperature is different, keep an eye on the bread after 35minutes. Insert a tooth pick and if it comes out clean, the bread is done. Else, bake for few more minutes.
- The bread stays fresh for 2-3 days at room temperature when packed in an air tight container. You can also refrigerate the bread. Heat it and serve if stored in fridge.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.