Cucumber raita is a quick refreshing raita prepared with cucumbers, curd, onions, coriander/mint leaves and seasoned with spices. This raita is very easy and can be prepared within minutes. Cucumber raita makes you cool and refreshing when having hot and spicy curry or dish.
Cucumber raita is served with pulav, biryani, non-veg dishes and chapathi or paratha. It goes well with any of your meal. Cucumber raita can be had during fasting/vrat. You can also have this raita as a snack too. It keeps you full for a longer time.
Cucumbers are rich in water content and fiber. Hence helps in digestion and keep us cool and refreshing. They are low in calories and contain many nutritional benefits which help in the proper functioning of our body. So include cucumbers in your daily diet in the form of raita/salads or having it raw and stay healthy.
You may also like our pulav and biryani recipes: methi pulav, mushroom pulav, vegetable biryani, nawabi mutton pulav, ambur mutton biryani, chicken dum biryani, thalapakatti chicken biryani, chicken pulav, Andhra chicken pulav.
1 cucumber, finely chopped or grated
1 cup fresh thick curd
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp roasted jeera/cumin powder*
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Few mint leaves, chopped (opt)
- Whisk curd well till smooth. Wash and peel the skin of cucumber (optional) and chop them finely. You can grate the cucumbers too.
- In a bowl, add curd, chopped/grated cucumber, red chilli powder, jeera powder, coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- You can add chopped mint leaves too. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves and sprinkle jeera powder and red chilli powder over the raita (optional).
- Serve cucumber raita.
- If you are preparing cucumber raita for fasting/vrat, use sendha namak/rock salt instead of table salt and skip red chilli powder.
- You can add finely chopped green chillies instead of red chilli powder.
- Use roasted cumin/jeera powder. Dry roast jeera and ground it to powder using a mortal pestle of mixer.
- Optionally you can use crushed pepper instead of red chilli powder and green chilli.
- You can also chill the raita before serving.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.