Cheesy sandwich is an easy sandwich recipe which can be served as a quick breakfast or as a snack. Cheesy sandwich can be prepared within few minutes and requires very few ingredients.
Bread slices has to be buttered generously for a tastier crispy cheesy sandwich. Butter enhances the taste, flavor and texture of the sandwiches and hence use generously. You can use either cheese slices or grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese on the bread slices before toasting/grilling them.
Optionally you can use vegetables like capsicum, onions, grated carrots, tomatoes etc. along with the cheese. For flavorings, add spices like crushed pepper, red chilli flakes, oregano or mixed herbs. You can also use tomato sauce or mayonnaise as a spread before adding cheese.
Cheesy sandwich can be prepared using a toaster, grill, oven or on a hot tawa. This recipe is a perfect one for breakfast, snack and as a party appetizer. Cheesy sandwich can be packed for kid’s lunch box too.
For similar recipes, check: easy veg sandwich, grilled vegetable sandwich, garlic cheese toast, Bombay masala toast, mayo veg sandwich, bread egg toast, bread pizza, vegetable cheese pizza, paneer tikka pizza, tawa pizza.
You may also like our breakfast recipes: sponge dosa, set dosa, avalakki dosa, masala dosa, onion uthappam, idiyappam, paal appam, instant rava idli, instant rava paddu, instant cooked rice idli, ragi idli, ragi dosa, rice idli, onion paratha, methi paratha.
4-6 bread slices, whole wheat/multigrain or white bread
4-6 cheese slices or grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar cheese) as required
1 tsp red chilli flakes
1 tsp mixed herbs or oregano
Butter, as needed
- Take all the bread slices and apply butter generously on both the sides of the bread. Heat a pan and toast the bread evenly on one side till golden brown.
- Flip the bread to the other side and place a cheese slice on it. You can also grate cheese directly on the bread. Sprinkle red chilli flakes, oregano or mixed herbs.
- Cover the bread with another slice of buttered bread. Add butter all over the bread slices if you prefer. Keep the flame on low and toast well till cheese melts and bread turns golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot Cheesy sandwich as a breakfast, snack or as a starter.
- In a toaster: Butter bread slices both the sides. Place cheese slice on the bread and sprinkle red chilli flakes and herbs. Cover with another slice of buttered bread. Place it in a preheated toaster and grill till cheese melts and bread turn golden and crisp.
- Cheese slices or grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese can be used to prepare the sandwich.
- Optionally you can also add boiled vegetables, meat or scrambled eggs along with cheese.
- Add cheese, butter and spices as per your likings.
- Cheesy sandwich tastes good when served hot.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks