Bread Pizza is a simple and quick snack recipe which you can easily prepare at home. Bread pizza can be made with any varieties of bread like white bread, multigrain, whole wheat etc. It tastes very similar to Pizza with toppings of fresh vegetables, cheese and sauce.
Bread pizza is a quick and perfect snack/starter for a party especially for any children’s party. Kids love pizza and bread pizza makes a good alternative for it. Bread pizza is loaded with great flavors of herbs and cheese.
You can make bread pizza in an oven or on a tawa. Both the methods do not have much difference anyhow. Add toppings of your choice, but do not add more vegetables and over load it. Use homemade or good quality store brought pizza sauce.
For toasting bread:
4-6 bread slices/whole wheat sandwich bread
2 tbsp butter, or as required
2-3 tbsp pizza sauce
½ cup or as required mozzarella cheese/pizza cheese
1 onion, chopped finely
1 small green capsicum, chopped finely
1 small yellow capsicum, chopped finely
1 tomato deseeded and chopped finely (opt)
5-6 olives, (opt)
1-2 tsp oregano
1 tsp mixed herbs
1-2 tsp chilli flakes, or as required
- Take bread slices and spread butter as required on one side.
- Heat a tawa and toast the bread on the butter side till light brown.
- Flip the bread slice and spread pizza sauce over the toasted bread slice.
- Add chopped vegetables like onion, capsicum, tomato and olives. Let the flame be on low. Or you can take out the bread slice from the tawa and top it with sauce and veggies.
- Sprinkle oregano, mixed herbs and chilli flakes. Top it with grated mozzarella/pizza cheese as required.
- Keep the flame on low and close tawa with a lid. Let the cheese melt slowly and the bread toasts well.
- Take it out of the tawa and place it on a serving plate. Sprinkle chilli flakes, oregano and mixed herbs.
- Serve hot bread pizza plain or with tomato ketchup.
Bread Pizza in an Oven
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10minutes. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Apply butter on the bread slices and place it on the tray. Toast for 8-10 minutes at 180 degree C. once the bread is slightly toasted, take it out of the oven.
- Spread pizza sauce on the toasted bread slice. Arrange chopped vegetables and sprinkle oregano, mixed herbs and chilli flakes.
- Top it with generous amount of grated mozzarella/pizza cheese.
- Place the bread slices on the baking tray and bake again at 180 degree Celsius for another 8-10minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Take out the bread pizza from the oven and transfer it to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle oregano, mixed herbs and chilli flakes on top of the bread pizza.
- Serve hot bread pizza with tomato ketchup.
- You can use any variety of bread to make bread pizza.
- Use any vegetables as toppings. You can also use paneer, mushroom, corn etc.
- Use generous amount of cheese.
- If you do not have pizza sauce, you can use tomato sauce also.
- Sprinkle herbs more or less as per your taste and liking.
- Bread pizza tastes good when served hot.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.