A quick and an easy bread recipe toasted with eggs makes a perfect breakfast or snack. Egg and bread are one of the most comfort foods and at the same time makes you filling too. Bread egg toast can be prepared within few minutes with no fuss.
Beaten eggs are mixed with onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and spices. Bread slices are dipped in this mixture and later toasted with butter or ghee. This Bread Egg Toast can be served as breakfast or as a snack. The recipe is quick to prepare and kids will love eating this bread egg toast. Bread egg toast is also a good way to include eggs in your diet.
You may also like our snack recipes: aloo bonda, mirchi bajji, unniyappam, jeera biscuits, almond cookies, eggless butter cookies, eggless dates cake, elaichi cookies, custard wheat cookies, tutti fruitti cupcakes.
4 slices of bread
1 onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Turmeric powder, pinch
Salt, to taste
Butter or ghee, as needed
- In a bowl, add finely chopped onions, green chillies, tomato, coriander leaves and salt to taste. Break eggs into the bowl and add turmeric powder too. Mix everything well using a whisk or a spoon.
- Heat a pan/tawa and spread butter or ghee all over the pan.
- Dip each slices of bread into the egg mixture and coat well both the sides.
- Place the egg coated bread slice on the hot tawa and toast it till light brown in color.
- Turn the bread slices carefully using a spatula and toast it the other side as well. Add butter or ghee as required to toast the bread slices.
- Serve hot Bread Egg toast as breakfast or as a snack.
- You can use wheat bread, white bread or multigrain bread to prepare the toast.
- Green chillies can be replaced with red chilli powder as well. Adjust spices as per your likings.
- You can also use Italian herbs and red chilli flakes if you wish.
- Bread egg toast can be had with tomato ketchup or just plain too.
- Bread egg toast tastes good when served hot. If you have any left overs, refrigerate them and slightly toast before serving.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.