Boiled egg fry is a quick stir fried egg recipe which is very delicious, simple and spicy. Boiled eggs are cut into halves, marinated with spices and then pan fried. It can be served as a side dish with rice, roti and can also be served as a starter or snack too.
You can prepare egg fry in many different ways using different spices and masala. This is one of them which are very easy to prepare with very less ingredients required. Here the boiled eggs are halved and coated with spices. It is fried in oil until crisp.
For more Egg Recipes check: south-Indian egg curry, egg burji, masala egg burji, egg pulusu.
1 onion, finely chopped (opt)
2 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp dhaniya/coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala
¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Boil eggs. Remove its shell and cut them into half.
- In a bowl, add red chilli powder, dhaniya powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Add little water and make thick paste. Add boiled and halved eggs.
- Mix well to coat the masala with eggs. Rest it for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add 2-3 tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add finely chopped onions (opt) and fry till light brown. Now add masala coated eggs and fry on a low flame.
- Fry them by turning both sides until golden brown. Transfer fried eggs to a serving plate. Squeeze lemon juice all over the eggs and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve boiled egg fry with rice & sambar.
- Add spices as per your taste.
- You can add pepper powder, jeera powder too.
- Fry eggs on a low flame only. Keep turning them both sides for even coloring.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.