Banana Choco chips cookies are an easy cookie recipe with full of banana and choco chips flavor. These cookies will definitely be a good alternative to use those over ripe bananas at home. Over ripe bananas add more flavor and sweetness to the cookies.
Banana choco chips cookies are very delicious and a perfect snack for your tea or coffee. They are crispy and chewy in the center. Though you can bake either banana bread or banana cake with those over ripe bananas, give a try this time and make this cookie and you will absolutely love this.
Mashed bananas not only add sweetness to the cookies but help in binding and gives moisture to them. It gives a natural sweetness and flavor to the cookies. You can add oatmeal, nuts, flax seeds powder etc. to make the cookies healthier.
2 cups maida/all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Oil or soft butter
3-4 small bananas (over ripe)
1 cup choco chips
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sieve all the dry ingredients like maida, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and corn flour into a bowl.
- Peel banana and mash them well. Add it to a bowl along with powdered sugar and oil or soft butter. Beat well until smooth and fluffy. Also add vanilla essence.
- Now add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little and fold it gently. Add choco chips and mix. Refrigerate the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or butter paper.
- Now take the dough and make small balls of it. Slightly press them and place it on the baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degree celsius for 10-12 minutes or until the edges get slightly browned.
- Take out the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on a wire rack. These cookies will be soft when hot. So let them cool.
- Serve Eggless Banana Choco Chips Cookies as a snack.
- You can replace maida with wheat flour and white sugar with brown sugar or jaggery.
- As over ripe bananas are very sweet, 3/4th sugar is enough, however you can increase sugar up to 1 cup for more sweetness.
- Add more or less choco chips as desired.
- Place the cookies on the tray leaving space in between else it might stick to each other while baking.
- Baking time depends on the oven temperature. Do check the cookies after 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before serving.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container at room temperature. It stays good for 4-5 days.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.