Andhra Mutton fry is a spicy mutton recipe which is very easy and simple to prepare. Mutton fry is very delicious and strongly flavored with spices. The fry can be served as a side dish with hot rice & rasam or dal.
Mutton is a great source of protein and is the most commonly consumed red meat in the world. Mutton has less saturated fat and it improves blood cholesterol levels. Mutton helps to maintain healthy skin, reduces weight and also helps to improve memory power in children.
Andhra mutton fry recipe is prepared using very few spices. Mutton is cooked fully using a pressure cooker and then fried in ginger garlic paste and flavored with basic spice powders. Andhra recipes are known for its hot & spicy foods. You can adjust the spices used in the recipe to suit your taste.
For similar Spicy Non-Veg Recipes check: mutton ghee roast, chicken chilli roast, spicy chilli chicken, mutton dry fry, mutton liver pepper fry, mutton salt & pepper, mutton keema curry, kerala style mutton curry.
½ kg mutton
1 tbsp garlic, crushed and chopped finely
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander /dhaniya powder
½ tsp pepper corns, crushed
½ tsp garam masala powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 springs curry leaves
- Wash mutton and cut them into small pieces. Drain water completely.
- Add cleaned mutton pieces into a pressure cooker along with turmeric and little salt. Cook mutton for 3-4 whistles.
- Once mutton is cooked, switch off the flame and let the pressure release by itself. Drain mutton and water separately. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add curry leaves and fry. Remove the fried curry leaves and keep aside for garnishing.
- Add crushed & chopped garlic and fry till garlic turn light brown.
- Now add cooked mutton pieces and fry well on a medium flame for 2 – 3 minutes. Keep stirring the mutton continuously.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder to the mutton pieces. Mix well and fry again on a low flame. mutton should coat well with the spices.
- Add salt to taste and crushed pepper. Mix again well and fry for 2 minutes. Garnish mutton with fried curry leaves.
- Serve hot Andhra Mutton Fry with rice & rasam.
- Add spices according to your taste and liking.
- You can add little water to make the recipe semi dry.
- Keep stirring the mutton continuously else the spices may get burnt.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.