Aloo tikki burger is an indo-western fusion recipe which combines aloo tikki/patties and soft bun. Aloo means potato and tikki means cutlet. Aloo tikki or patties are placed in between the roasted buns which are topped with sauces, cheese and veggies. It is very simple to prepare at home.
Aloo patties are prepared with mashed potatoes along with spices. It is coated with bread crumbs and fried in oil. It can be either deep fried or shallow fried. These aloo tikki are sandwiched between the buns with layers of onions, tomatoes, cheese, sauces or chutney.
Vegetables like capsicum, carrot or beetroot can also be used as toppings. If you do not have lettuce leaves, use cabbage leaves, but do blanch or steam them before using.
Aloo tikki burgers are loved by all age group for its exciting taste and texture. They make a good snack and can be served for parties or gatherings, especially kids parties. Aloo tikki burger with French fries and soft drinks makes a good combo.
For more snack recipes check: aloo tikki, aloo tikki chat, cheese burger, bread pizza.
For aloo patties/tikki:
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp coriander/dhaniya powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
½ tsp jeera powder
½ tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
½ cup bread crumbs
1 tsp lemon juice
2 burger buns
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp tomato sauce/ketchup
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 onion, cut into round slices/rings
1 tomato, cut into round slices
2 lettuce leaves
1 tsp chat masala
- Wash potatoes and pressure cook them. You can use a steamer to boil potatoes as well. Peel the skin and mash it.
- In a bowl, take mashed potatoes, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder, garam masala, jeera powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix everything well and bring the mixture together. Make round patties.
- Take bread crumbs in a plate and coat each patty with it. Press it lightly so the crumbs stick to the patties.
- Cut burger buns into half. Heat a pan and add butter. Roast the buns lightly both the sides.
- In the same pan add oil for shallow frying the tikki. You can also deep fry them.
- Place the potato tikki on the pan and fry both the side till brown and crisp. Be careful while flipping the tikki as it may break.
- Take the roasted buns and spread tomato sauce on the bottom bun and mayonnaise on the top bun.
- Place lettuce leaf on the bottom bun followed by aloo tikki.
- Top it with 1 or 2 sliced onion and tomato rings. Sprinkle some chat masala.
- Cover it with the top bun.
- Serve Aloo tikki burger with tomato ketchup, French fries and soft drinks.
- You can add boiled peas along with potatoes to make tikki.
- Deep fried aloo tikki gives more crisp and crunch.
- You can even use carrot, cucumbers or beetroot slices as toppings.
- You can skip roasting the buns too.
- Mix tomato sauce and mayonnaise together and spread it over the buns.
- You can even use coriander-mint chutney as a spread.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks