Aloo palak Sabzi is a healthy side dish for roti/chapathi and parathas. The recipe is very easy and simple which can be prepared with very few ingredients. Aloo is potato and palak is spinach greens.
Aloo palak Sabzi is prepared by sauteing potatoes with onions and other spices and later mixed with chopped palak. This is a dry curry and hence palak is not pureed. You can also check our Aloo palak gravy recipe.
Palak /Spinach are a nutrient rich plant with tender and dark green leaves. It is considered as a super-rich food which is loaded with nutrients-low in calories and high in vitamins, minerals and fiber. It is not only healthy but also has a unique flavor and taste which will definitely enhance your taste buds. So do add spinach/palak in your daily diet and get the most nutrients of it.
2 cups palak/spinach greens
1 onion, chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
Small piece ginger, grated
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1 tsp jeera
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp lemon juice
- Rinse palak greens very well. Squeeze out the water and chop them finely.
- Cook potatoes using a steamer or pressure cooker. Chop the boiled potatoes into small cubes. keep them aside.
- Heat a kadai and add oil. Add jeera and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion and green chillies. Fry for a minute. Also add turmeric powder.
- Add grated ginger, garlic and saute well.
- Now add cubed potatoes and salt to taste. Mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame. add red chilli powder and fry.
- Once potatoes are well combined with the spices, add chopped palak. Mix well and saute for some time till the leaves wilt. Palak cooks faster and does not require more time. Keep stirring occasionally till done.
- Sprinkle lemon juice all over the curry.
- Serve hot with roti/chapathi or poori.
- You can cook potatoes in the oil along with onions and spices. It will take little longer to prepare the recipe.
- Adjust the spices as per your taste and liking.
- Lemon juice gives a slight tangy taste to the curry. You can skip it too.
We hope you like our recipes and will enjoy trying it. We love to hear from you about your experiment in trying our recipes and how it turned out for you. Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Also do share the recipes with your friends and family on your social media networks.